ASSISTANT FACILITY ADMIN, SECURITY
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Facility:--ADELANTO ICE PROCESSING CENTER Compensation Base:--
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):-- Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary Responsible for the direction, management, implementation,
and ongoing development of security and control operational
procedures and policies for the facility. Assists management in the
overall administration of the facility. Seeks to meet the needs of
the company and client agency by making improvement efficiencies
without compromise to the safety and security of both the client
population and staff employees. Primary Duties and
- Directs security department functions, activities and
supervision of security personnel.
- Directly responsible for the performance control activities of
the operations and safety sections.
- Ensures that adequate procedures, post orders, staff training
methods, equipment and space are established in all operations of
the security department to ensure safety and security of staff,
visitors, inmates and facility.
- Prepares departmental progress reports and other miscellaneous
reports as requested by management.
- Reviews activities of the operations departments to determine
progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Monitors staff operational effectiveness and conducts regular
physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with
policies and procedures.
- Directs the work of other employees. This includes the
selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee
training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action,
- Assists management in the establishment of long-range plans and
corresponding schedules to achieve facility goals and
- Assists management in ensuring that facility staff is able to
respond appropriately to any emergencies.
- Assists in efforts to assure continuing, coordinated community
planning for needs of inmates.
- Responds on a 24-hour, 7-day basis to significant unusual
- Available to act as top facility administrator when
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed to ensure
the effective and successful operation of the facility. --Job
- Bachelor's degree in the behavioral sciences or related field
supplemented by courses in business administration and a minimum of
ten (10) years of work experience in a correctional/detention
facility at the level of mid-management, or an equivalent
combination of work experience and education required.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives,
policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures
and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility as
demonstrated by having a combination of relevant work, education
and research experience. Exceptions may be made concerning
supervisory experience if the candidate clearly demonstrates the
ability to supervise the proper administration of a
correctional/detention facility of a substantial number of
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command
the respect and confidence of inmates and staff.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Victorville , ASSISTANT FACILITY ADMIN, SECURITY, Administration, Clerical , Adelanto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!