HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR
Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Facility: -ADELANTO ICE PROCESSING CENTERCompensation Base:
-$130k-$140kCompensation Bonus (if applicable): -Sign on bonus
available Equal Opportunity Employer.Salary $130k-$140k per
yearSummaryThis position manages and evaluates all facility health
service activities based on company, contractual, and healthcare
policies and procedures, goals, and objectives. -Implements all
contractually required healthcare services. - Manages department
budget and seeks to improve the operational efficiencies of the
facility's health service program. - In addition, this position
functions as a liaison between facility staff, contracting agency,
and compliance agencies on healthcare-related matters. - -Primary
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the overall operations of a facility's healthcare
- Works in unison with facility, regional, and corporate
management to ensure the healthcare needs of the facility are
consistently being met and are in compliance with company's
contractual and healthcare policies and procedures, goals, and
- Maintains effective working relationships with correctional and
nursing staff, contracted providers, and outside provider
- Utilizes established policies and procedures in making
decisions, but also uses sound independent judgment performing the
duties of the position.
- Directs the work of other employees and contract providers.
This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating performance,
employee training, promoting, and disciplinary action including
- Ensures adequate staffing to meet the healthcare needs of the
- Ensures appropriate licensure of all healthcare personnel.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action as needed on operational
issues including overtime, issuing appropriate forms, auditing
medical files, requesting records, ensuring detainees or inmates
with serious health problems receive necessary intervention and
treatment, ensuring compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws
and physical safety requirements.
- Ensures proper accreditation of the medical program is attained
for NCCHC, ACA and/or TJC as required by the client..
- Completes and submits regular operational reports to include
Client reports as required.
- Responds to all inquiries and requests for information related
to the health services unit.
- Identifies and tracks budgetary expenses of the health services
- Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational
efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Participates in obtaining outside vendors for ancillary
- Maintains and fosters effective external relationships with
outside hospitals or agencies.
- Attends outside educational seminars as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned. -Job
- Five (5) years of work experience in healthcare administration
or healthcare management in a supervisory capacity, including
experience managing clinical staff and clinical operations.
- Strong verbal and writing skills. Must be able to disseminate
verbal instructions or training clearly and in a manner that is
understood by the intended audience. - Must be able to write
memorandums and reports in a clear, concise, and accurate
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software.
- Experience in healthcare planning, budgeting, and meeting
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration or a Bachelor's
or Associate's degree in Nursing.
- Work experience in a correctional or detention setting in an
administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Experience working in an outpatient setting.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Victorville , HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR, Healthcare , Adelanto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!