Company: 99 Cents Only Stores
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Head Cashier is responsible for providing fast, friendly and
efficient checkout services to our customers while ensuring other
Cashiers are doing the very same thing. Head Cashier oversees all
checkout functions by processing sales transactions and
exchanges/refunds, monitoring cash drawer amounts, and maintaining
a clean and safe checkout area.The Head Cashier must be able to
work under pressure and most importantly has a positive can-do
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the team of Cashiers to ensure all are following
company processes and procedures for cash handling and customer
- Greeting customers and answering questions.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly checkout area.
- Schedule meal and rest breaks for cashier.
- Ensure associates follow cash handling policies, safety
procedures and customer service standards.
- Oversee cashier performance and productivity.
- Perform cash outs, end of the day paper work.
- Respond to and diplomatically handle employee and customer
concerns/needs while overseeing the front end.
- Assist with onboarding and training of hourly associates,
- Coach, support, and evaluate new and existing cashier
- Ensure all front-end displays are maintained full with proper
rotation and correct price signs.
- Assist with DSD receiving.
- Encourage a great team environment.
- Assist in stores shrink awareness programs and provide
- Assist with all daily store functions and activities including
- Abide by and uphold all company policies, internal controls,
and procedures, including safety guidelines.
- Protect company assets, by implementing and executing all
company operational programs and expectations.
- Foster and actively promote a team environment supportive of
diversity, individual development, and winning as a team.
- Cover additional duties assigned by the Store Manager.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required :
- Demonstrates proven leadership ability.
- Proven ability to multi-task including adjusting and managing
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to constantly stand, bend, twist, and reach with a
moderate amount of manual dexterity.
Keywords: 99 Cents Only Stores, Victorville , Head Cashier, Other , Victorville, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!