Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Facility:--ADELANTO ICE PROCESSING CENTERCompensation
Base:--$39.36 per hourCompensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal
Opportunity Employer.SummaryThis position oversees and maintains
custody, care, and control of inmates or detainees of a facility,
while enforcing the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of
the company and contracting agency.Primary Duties and
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the inmates or
detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining
areas and visitation areas.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts
counts, and provides emergency response as needed.
- May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to,
the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services,
special housing, perimeter security, transportation, work details,
reception, intake, and visits officer, etc., as required by
- Provides security in program activities and supervises labor
crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either
individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates
contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency
policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or
detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as
- Completes training courses as required by facility training
- Performs correctional duties for any shift as defined by
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:--Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- May be required to possess valid state driver---s license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Victorville , OFFICER, Other , Adelanto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!