Experienced CNC Machinist
Company: GENERAL ATOMICS
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an
affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable
remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as
well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for a CNC Machinist supporting our
Adelanto, CA manufacturing facility. This position is responsible
for performing complex functions related to machine tools. Ensures
project development schedules and goals are met. Plans the layout,
fabrication and testing of mechanical devices. Sets up and operates
any type of precision machine tool to make original parts, tools,
mechanisms and devices. Solves complex problems relative to such
things as unusual materials, difficult setups, tool selection,
product specifications, and fabrication methods for production
DUTIES & RESPONSIBLILITIES:
- Programs, performs setup and runs difficult prototype and
production jobs using both conventional and CNC mills and
- Plans sequence of machine operations using digital engineering
models, drawings, sketches or other written or verbal
- Assists with the development of concepts, ideas, and methods
for solving milling/turning machining problems.
- May be required to direct, guide, and instruct other machinists
in daily operations. Acts as a lead and advisor.
- Reviews and interprets job requests including drawings and
service requests. Prepares the required schedule and cost
estimates. Orders and expedites materials and cutting tools as
- Utilizes and interprets engineering drawings from sketches,
graphic illustrations or verbal/written correspondence to plan
sequence of operations.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions.
- Determines cutting or grinding tools to be used, method of
holding, and machine speeds and feeds. Assists others with job
- Performs such operations as turning, facing, boring,
chamfering, turning tapers, drilling, grooving, reaming; machine
compound angles, multiple angles, radii, splines, serration's and
- Performs all types of helical and spiral milling, drilling,
reaming, boring, tapping, slotting, and dovetailing on ferrous and
non-ferrous metals and their alloys.
- Designs and fabricates tooling aids to assist in machine setups
utilizing various shop equipment.
- Ensures that preventive maintenance is being performed.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations, and other
applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted
on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with
established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.We recognize and
appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse
backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals
- Typically requires an associate's degree, technical/trade
school training or equivalent and seven or more years related
experience. Additional experience may be substituted for formal
- US citizenship is required.
- Must be customer focused and possess:
- Ability to perform complex set-up and fabrication of machined
parts with minimal supervision
- Ability to instruct and train machinist staff
- Ability to troubleshoot machine problems using established
- A high degree of initiative and extensive knowledge of
machining equipment including the ability to use good judgment and
safe practices while performing PM's.
- Ability to read, interpret and explain complex or unusual
engineering drawings, sketches and verbal and written
- Skills to maintain the flow of work within the unit using
independent judgment in solving complex or unusual problems
- Strong interpersonal skills and written communication skills to
interface with employees, management, customers, and outside
- Basic computer skills.
- The ability to work both independently and lead in a team
environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours
Keywords: GENERAL ATOMICS, Victorville , Experienced CNC Machinist, Other , Adelanto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!