Company: Frontwave Credit Union
Posted on: June 12, 2022
As a Teller, you are responsible for providing a variety of teller
functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, and loan
payments. Balances daily transactions and verifies cash totals. If
you enjoy helping people and have experience working in a financial
institution or in a retail/cashier environment, this job is for
About Frontwave Credit Union:
Frontwave Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial
institution serving San Diego, Riverside, and San Bernardino
counties. Founded in 1952, we have grown to 14 branches with
100,000 members and manage over a billion in assets. At Frontwave
Credit Union, we are focused on creating consumer solutions to
provide our members and the communities we serve with products and
services that enhance the quality of life for our members through
exceptional service and the progressive application of
Service Excellence Standards:
Employees are expected to model behaviors designed to build and
maintain an environment focused on creating a culture of
- We see it. We own it. We get it done.
- We ignite positive experiences.
- We do things right every time.
- We are collaborators - united, cohesive and engaged.
- We innovate and evolve.
- We create memorable experiences for life.
What's In It For You:
Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid
Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services.
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition
reimbursement up to $4,000/year.
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
We strive to be the best place you've ever worked!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following non-inclusive list. Other duties may be
assigned. All duties are to be performed in compliance with
applicable laws, regulations, and Credit Union policies and
- Ensures efficient and effective processing of Teller
- Receives checks and cash for deposit and payments, verifies
amount, and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of
signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record
transactions, and issues computer generated receipts
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance to
check hold policies
- Orders daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of
shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer
- Processes other negotiable instruments such as: government
bonds, wire transfers, cashier's checks, Visa gift cards and
Western Union wires.
- Processes payments and deposits made via night drop and
- Processes share branching transactions for guest members in
accordance with FSCC guidelines
- Processes general ledger debits and credits such as ATM,
Coinstar, and charge Misc. fees
- Handles requests regarding basic account information, change
requests, stop payment requests and rate information.
- Cross-sells additional products and services to meet member
- Processes other requests of a more complex nature
- Mortgage payments
- ACH transfer set-up
- ATM plastic setup and card ordering
- On-line check ordering
- Follows Red Flag Program Policy.
- Identifies red flags to detect possible risk of identity theft
to members or to the safety and soundness of the credit union.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED). Six months
Teller or equivalent experience in a credit union or similar
May accept individual in our Teller Trainee level position with no
less than six months cash handling experience with increasing
responsibility that would include balancing a cash drawer or cash
register at the beginning or end of a shift.
Member facing positions at our all branches may require standing.
An adequate number of suitable seats shall be placed in reasonable
proximity to the work area and employees shall be permitted to use
such seats when it does not interfere with the performance of their
Service Excellence Standards
When joining Frontwave Credit Union, you can expect to be a part of
a workforce committed to the following Service Excellence
We see it. We own it. We get it done.
We ignite positive experiences.
We do things right every time.
We are collaborators - united, cohesive and engaged
We innovate and evolve.
We create memorable experiences for life.
We starts with me. Associated topics: branch, client, customer,
customer service, customer service representative, deposit, saving,
service associate, service representative, teller
Keywords: Frontwave Credit Union, Victorville , Teller: Barstow, Other , Helendale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!