Company: Frontwave Credit Union
Posted on: June 21, 2022
Overview As a Teller, you are responsible for providing a
variety of teller functions, including processing deposits,
withdrawals, and loan payments. Balances daily transactions and
verifies cash totals. If you enjoy helping people and have
experience working in a financial institution or in a
retail/cashier environment, this job is for you! About Frontwave
Credit Union: Frontwave Credit Union is a member-owned
not-for-profit financial institution serving San Diego, Riverside,
and San Bernardino counties. Founded in 1952, we have grown to 14
branches with 100,000 members and manage over a billion in assets.
At Frontwave Credit Union, we are focused on creating consumer
solutions to provide our members and the communities we serve with
products and services that enhance the quality of life for our
members through exceptional service and the progressive application
of technology. Service Excellence Standards: Employees are expected
to model behaviors designed to build and maintain an environment
focused on creating a culture of excellence.
- We see it. We own it. We get it done.
- We ignite positive experiences.
- We do things right every time.
- We are collaborators - united, cohesive and engaged.
- We innovate and evolve.
- We create memorable experiences for life. What's In It For
Competitive pay, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts.
9-27 days of PTO per year (based on tenure) and 10 paid
Affordable medical, dental, vision health plans, and Flexible
Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services.
Career development, training, and coaching, mentoring; tuition
reimbursement up to $4,000/year.
Culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
We strive to be the best place you've ever worked! Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following
non-inclusive list. Other duties may be assigned. All duties are to
be performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and
Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Ensures efficient and effective processing of Teller
- Receives checks and cash for deposit and payments, verifies
amount, and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of
signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record
transactions, and issues computer generated receipts
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds in accordance to
check hold policies
- Orders daily supply of cash, and counts incoming cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of
shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer
- Processes other negotiable instruments such as: government
bonds, wire transfers, cashier's checks, Visa gift cards and
Western Union wires.
- Processes payments and deposits made via night drop and
- Processes share branching transactions for guest members in
accordance with FSCC guidelines
- Processes general ledger debits and credits such as ATM,
Coinstar, and charge Misc. fees
- Handles requests regarding basic account information, change
requests, stop payment requests and rate information.
- Cross-sells additional products and services to meet member
- Processes other requests of a more complex nature
- Mortgage payments
- ACH transfer set-up
- ATM plastic setup and card ordering
- On-line check ordering
- Follows Red Flag Program Policy.
- Identifies red flags to detect possible risk of identity theft
to members or to the safety and soundness of the credit union.
Qualifications Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or
general education degree (GED). Six months Teller or equivalent
experience in a credit union or similar financial institution. May
accept individual in our Teller Trainee level position with no less
than six months cash handling experience with increasing
responsibility that would include balancing a cash drawer or cash
register at the beginning or end of a shift. Physical Demands:
Member facing positions at our all branches may require standing.
An adequate number of suitable seats shall be placed in reasonable
proximity to the work area and employees shall be permitted to use
such seats when it does not interfere with the performance of their
duties. Service Excellence Standards When joining Frontwave Credit
Union, you can expect to be a part of a workforce committed to the
following Service Excellence standards: We see it. We own it. We
get it done.
We ignite positive experiences.
We do things right every time.
We are collaborators - united, cohesive and engaged
We innovate and evolve.
We create memorable experiences for life.
We starts with me.
Associated topics: bank teller, branch, branch teller, customer,
customer service, customer service representative, deposit, saving,
service associate, teller
Keywords: Frontwave Credit Union, Victorville , Teller: Barstow, Other , Helendale, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!