Company: GEO Group Inc.
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Facility: ADELANTO ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Salary: $39.36 per hour
Bonus (if applicable):
Benefits: Full-time employees will enjoy a competitive benefits
package for an energized workforce with options for you and your
- Paid time off Paid holidays 401(k)
- 401(k) matching Health Insurance Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance Life Insurance Flexible spending
- Health savings account Tuition Reimbursement Reduced tuition
- Employee discount Employee assistance program Pet
- Disability Insurance Paid training Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only
those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll
receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the
industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous
government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified
correctional and community reentry services. From the development
of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management
services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release
reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO
offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver
enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the
inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are
integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It
is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO
Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three
pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial.
With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that
you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This position is responsible for securely transporting detainees
between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for
transportation activities are safe and properly maintained.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts pre-trip, during-trip, and post-trip inspections of
all vehicles operated. Provides written Daily Vehicle Inspection
Reports (DVIR) at the end of each trip or shift and ensures that
all potential safety defects are reported to the Transportation
- Ensures that all permits and licenses are in order before
beginning a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if there are
problems before initiating a trip.
- Ensures that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment
before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation Manager if
there are problems before initiating a trip.
- Completes all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate
and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the
facility according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that detainees are properly secured prior to leaving a
facility and while in a vehicle. Ensures that all paperwork is
obtained and completely accurately and thoroughly when obtaining
detainees at a facility and delivering them to their appropriate
- Ensures that all safety measures are followed at all time while
transporting detainees, including but not limited, to all
application federal, state, municipal and organizational laws,
regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Immediately contacts safety authorizations and facility
management in the event of an accident. Provides detailed
information, both verbally and written, to requesting
- Delivers vehicles for servicing and picks them up when
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Possession of applicable state requisites for employment
Must have a valid State of California weapons permit AND guard
Must have a valid California Driver's License with the ability to
obtain a Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement
within 90 days from appointment
- Must possess a State Firearms License (9mm).
- Ability to set standards and procedures to establish
satisfactory levels of performance, quality and
- Ability to coordinate the demands of the transportation
- Effective personnel interaction, communication skills, and
problem solving techniques.
- Sound and effective leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively train staff.
- Ability to write reports, memorandum, policies, procedures, and
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Victorville , Transportation Officer, Professions , Adelanto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!